Hi there! It’s Kylie, the Venue Manager here at The LedgeCrest Reserve! I wanted to write this blog post to share the answer to one of our most popular questions that we get.
What is my role as the venue manager at The LedgeCrest Reserve?
Great Question! As a venue manager, I have many jobs to keep this building in tip top shape! Some but not all include keeping the venue clean & sanitized for events and tours, social media, planning all the LedgeCrest social events, scheduling the bartenders and facilities, ordering product, watering the plants (my favorite in summer because I can enjoy the sunshine), and of course getting to know you and how we can help make your best day come to life!
As the venue manger, I take on the event in full after the booking process is complete. We do this, so we can make sure that I can put my full attention in events and our sales team can put their full attention during the booking process!
I’m breaking down our job roles down in three parts, booking, planning and final details + day of event.
During the booking stage, you are meeting with our awesome sales team, Marley & Jessica. They’ll give you all the information you need, set up the tour and then send over contracts.
This is where I come in! I like to introduce myself after booking, so if you have any minor questions about our venue, I can certainly help you out. About 6-8 months prior to your wedding day, we will sit down and discuss how you want the layout of the space. I’ll be there to answer any bar questions you may have and explain the options we have here. Based on our conversations we have, I then reach out to my staff and discuss scheduling with them!
Final Details + Day of Event Stage
This stage is my favorite, because it means we are getting so close to your wedding day! We typically will meet 2-3 months before your wedding and finalize the layout and discuss the final bar details. When I’m not meeting with you, I’m busy ordering the bar products, finalizing the schedule for our bartenders, obtaining the proof of insurance from your cater, following up with you to get final counts in and more! On the day of the event, I arrive extra early to open the doors for you and your vendors, setup and takedown of our venue provided tables and chairs, communicating with my bartenders on bar service and ensure our building is staying clean throughout the event.
Now you may be asking why I wrote this, well I just wanted to be clear on why I do what I do. If you are looking for someone to help out with the below items, then we suggest hiring a Planner or Coordinator
- Budgeting + Planning Checklists
- Vendor Referrals + Hotel Room Block Planning
- Decor + Rental Planning (finding the best fits for you + your budget!)
- Stationery Etiquette, Design, Ordering + Addressing Services
- Creation of Timeline of Day + Weekend Events + Vendors (I personally think this is the most important role of a planner or coordinator, they keep EVERYONE in line, which is soo helpful to you as a bride)
- Specific Layout based off your vision, decor + floral
- Communication with ALL VENDORS
- Transportation Planning
- Coordination of all vendors on wedding day
- Communication with Caterers on specific timing + service
- Problem Solving – Making everything seamless to the Guest Experience (—-I hate to say it, but rained out ceremonies do sometimes happen and this is one of the many reasons you should hire a planner!)
- Ensuring speeches, dancing and ceremony start on time
- Coordination of ceremony rehearsal
- Setup + Takedown of your Decor + Personal Items
- Napkin folding + linen placement
- Perfecting Decor + Details
- Seating Chars + Menu Placement
- Table Numbers, Guest Book, Toasting Flues and Card Box
- Removal of Gifts, Extra Cake, Personal Items
Because I am so busy throughout the planning process and day of event focusing on our venue I cannot offer any of the above services. This is why a planner +/or Coordinator truly is the glue to making the wedding day perfect.
I hope by explaining a bit more of what I do can help decide if a planner or coordinator is right for you! Our sister company Alliey + Co does offer special packages for any LedgeCrest Reserve bride. Of course, they are always available for venues/weddings outside of LedgeCrest too! If you would like to reach out to Alliey (Owner and Master Planner) her email is: email@example.com
I truly appreciate you reading this blog to learn more about what I do! If you need to contact me for any venue related questions, do not hesitate to email me: